We are recruiting for an experienced CBT therapist, who is also able to practice EMDR. You’ll be dealing with some more complex clients suffering from a range of problems. Your clients will be from all walks of life, including recently returned veterans.
This role offers a great opportunity to join a quickly growing company as a contractor, with potential to join the company on a permanent basis in the future. You would be required to work independently and make clinical decisions based on your skills and experience. You would have access to duty cover and operations support to help you to deliver high quality mental health care to your clients; however you would need to ensure you have your own supervision in place.
You would be working with NHS and private clients, as well as clients referred in by one of our many business partners and charities, clients will be based in the UK and in Europe. All consultations are in English and conducted remotely via our dedicated platform and live video service.
- Assessments of clients upon referral into the service, and effective triage to higher intensity care or referral to an external provider where required.
- Timely handovers of any client to reduce disruption in care.
- An awareness and appropriate decision making in line with the stepped care model, and where appropriate matching clients with therapists who have a specialist interest in their area of concern.
- Complete all data collection requirements within the day of seeing the client, and efficiently, routinely, outcome all your appointments on the day they are conducted.
- Keep up to date and concise clinical records in line with GDPR compliance, and maintain good clinical note keeping independently.
- Ensure maintenance of standard of practice according to Mynurva and any regulating bodies and keeping up to date with new recommendations or guidelines set for therapy (including NICE and BABCP guidelines).
- Attend weekly supervision sessions, depending on your caseload, for risk management to meet required standards.
We are looking for an experienced and reliable PWP who is used to working in a client-centred manner, to provide assessments for clients who are referred into our services by one of our many partners. We are looking for someone who can make clinical decisions about the suitability of CBT treatment or counselling within a primary care setting, and effectively triage clients whose needs may not be able to be met within the remit of our service; supporting them, and where appropriate referring them, to access appropriate care. You need to be confident working remotely, and largely independently, via videolink, and be able to think proactively to connect with a client if they are struggling with technology.
• PGDip in Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interventions
• Safeguarding trained to at least level 3 for both Children and Adults.
• At least 2 years experience of working at a PWP post-qualification.
• Understanding of anxiety disorders, depression, anger, PTSD, and they may present in Primary Care.
• Understanding and use of the MDS and ADSM where appropriate.
• Experience within the private sector, non-IAPT settings, working with EAPs or universities is desirable.
• Experience in conducting assessments and decision-making regarding treatment planning.
• Excellent verbal communication skills via telephone and video.
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to write concise reports or letters.
• Computer literate, able to work with new systems easily.
• Ability to work remotely.
• Calm and thorough approach to issues of clinical risk or safeguarding.
• Independent, and able to make clinical decisions based on your clinical assessment and judgement.
• Ensuring that you are keeping on top of your own caseload and making sure that clients are effectively allocated to an appropriate clinician post assessment.
• Able to work in a high-pressure environment with clients who may be challenging in their behaviours.
• Self-reflective in professional development and own personal response to situations in supervision.
• Able to work with emotionally charged situations.
• High level of enthusiasm.
Additional details: any candidate must have access to reliable internet able to maintain a video connection.